Pop up head broke, plz help

Jul 27, 2011
I just saw today that one of the pop up head broke, no idea why, is it common? what shall I do ? I am attaching some pics..

Attachments

• IMAG0122.jpg
    IMAG0122.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 166
  • IMAG0124.jpg
    IMAG0124.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 165
  • IMAG0125.jpg
    IMAG0125.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 165
It looks like an A&A pop up. You need a special tool to remove what remains of the broken head. The tool goes into the two slots along the outside and a quarter turn counterclockwise releases the head. Check the lid on the distribution valve for a manufacturers name. If it is A&A contact them. I'm pretty sure they are based in Phoenix.

It just means that the other heads in that cleaning zone won't get enough flow to work properly. It won't cause any problems.

Fatboy,
If you are a Shasta pool then it is A and A. How old is your pool? Are you the original owner?
I assume you are in the Phoenix area.
If you are the original owner then the parts are covered for life, if not it will cost you a bit.
There is one company in town that that just does infloor repairs.
Troy's Aqua-blue Pool Service. 602-992-0654
They have all the parts and know how to make it work like new.

Just-a-PB said:
Fatboy,
If you are a Shasta pool then it is A and A. How old is your pool? Are you the original owner?
If you are the original owner then the parts are covered for life, if not it will cost you a bit.
Yes, I have a Shasta pool.Pool was build in 2004, I am not the original owner, and I am in Phx area ! Any estimate on how much I should pay? can it be DIY ?

fatboysam said:
Just-a-PB said:
Fatboy,
Yes, I have a Shasta pool.Pool was build in 2004, I am not the original owner, and I am in Phx area ! Any estimate on how much I should pay? can it be DIY ?

If it's an A&A (looks like style 3 if it is, can't see the top in your photos to be sure) then here is a link where you can purchase the head and the tool used to replace. The tool attaches on the end of a standard net/brush pool pole which allows replacement without having to get in the pool.

http://www.webpoolsupply.com/pop-up-replacement-heads-1/

Picture as promised. I just hammered some 6d nails into the wood, then cut the heads off and rounded the edges with a dremel.

DSCN6591_zpsa6e87699.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.