Aquarite cell installation question

Jul 11, 2007
I'm installing my Pro Logic PS8 system this weekend, and I got the Aquarite chlorinator option with it. In the manual (yes, I read those :-D ), it says that the cell can be mounted horizontally or vertically, but it doesn't say anything about the flow switch. Can the flow switch be mounted vertically?

Also, it says you can mount the flow switch after the cell without leaving 12" of straight pipe like you must have if the flow switch is before the cell. But, would it be ok to have an elbow between the cell and the flow switch, i.e. cell -> 90 -> flow switch?

You can put an elbow between the cell and the flow switch, but then you need 12" of straight pipe between the elbow and the flow switch. What they really mean is that the cell counts as straight pipe, but an elbow certainly doesn't.

You can install the flow switch on a 90, but it should be on the same line as the cell with 12" of straight pipe before the flow switch.
The flow switch can be mounted before or after the cell, and if installed after the cell, the cell can count towards the 12" of straight pipe.

If the flow switch is mounted on a 90 degree, again, you should have 12" of straight pipe, and the flow switch should be after the cell, never before.

I would further suggest that if there are any fittings or valves between the two components, make sure the cell is mounted before the flow switch.

This prevents the possibility of the cell getting energized without proper flow through the cell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.