Borates in Spa?

akenis

May 12, 2008
SC
I'm really looking forward to trying the Borates in my pool. I now understand why my ph always creeps up, thanks to the wonderful stickies in this forum. The outgassing explains everything. (I have the Badu swim jets which really churn everything up!).

I've had similiar problems w/ my spa... high creeping PH. What are the pros/cons of using the Borates in a spa to help control the PH rise which seems to be fairly common. Anyone using borates in the spa?

andrew

Welcome to TFP!

In a spa there is so much aeration that the borates probably won't help enough to be worth the trouble. Mostly you just lower the TA to get the rate of PH increase down to a manageable level.

I have borates in my spa only because my spa and pool are a single body of water (spillover). However, Proteam does make a borate product specifically for spas called Gentle Spa so I guess that are a useful addition or they would not be marketing the product. They are the company that did a lot of the initial research into borates.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.