DC Cable to Aquapure generator melted

Dec 24, 2012
I have an old Chlormatic II (now Jandy Aquapure) which has been working for 10 years. I have replaced one of the boards and put in a new Aquapure Generator about 3 years ago.
I got the Service code 123 today which is low voltage to the cell. When I checked the DC cable at the cell, the the cord was melted around the middle pin and the pin is partially gone. I didn't realize there was enough voltage there to do this much damage.
My question is..would this damage my cell or fry one of the boards? I have enough pin left to make a decent connection if I replace the cable, but I'm worried about other damage.

Thanks for your help.

Greg

Welcome to TFP!

The rest of the SWG should be fine.

It is very important to have good electrical connections at both ends of the cell cable. A dirty or poorly connected contact can produce a lot of heat. It isn't a question of voltage, it is because of the high current level used by the SWG.

Just a heads up from my experience with the melted cable, I believe this is from adding salt while the chlorinator is turned on. If you add salt to the skimmer make sure to unplug the cable from the cell and wait an hour or so before reattaching it. Good Luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.