Pool Pilot SWG install question

May 8, 2007
El Paso, Texas
I just got done reading spritemans post on installation, but I have another question as well, after looking at my plumbing, it would be a lot easier for me to install the Pool Pilot before my solar heater. If I have to, or if it is better for the SWG I can install it after the solar heater but it would require a lot more plumbing and moving my control valve for my solar heater.

Rob

Rock,

If you have a gas heater also, the chlorine concentration may cause damage to the heat exchanger and will most likely be voided if they see the salt system before the heater.
Probably not a problem with solar panels, but if there are any metallic sensors after the salt system, that too may be affected by the chlorine concentration.
The fact is, the chlorine level from the cell will not be too excessive to cause problems, but it has the "potential" to cause damage.

If you have a pool/spa system, with the cell before the diverter valve between the pool/spa, you may have an overchlorination condition when the spa is isolated and used.

SWG install F/U

Poolsean,

I guess I should of been more specific, sorry, I do not have a heater or spa, so no worry there. The only thing that is metal on the solar heater is the water relief valve, which IMO is not an issue. One last thing, I downloaded the manual from your website, and on page 14, is says that the Tri sensor cord, cell unions and cord sold seperately, is this correct

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.