Recommendation for non-Taylor quick testing kit

cwb27

Dec 1, 2012
I have a K-2106 which is of course fantastic but I'd like to have something for quick testing and so I'm not bombing thru my pH and Bromine reagents.

Is a < $10 OTO test reliable or should I just look pickup some test strips at the local spa shop?

Again, just to be clear, not looking to replace the Taylor for weekly/monthly testing... just something to tell me bromine ppm and pH before soaking.

You can use an OTO test to get an approximate bromine level. The zero/non-zero measurement on the OTO test is quite good, but reading out a specific bromine level is somewhat hit or miss. Still, that is often good enough for doing daily testing, as long as you adjust the exact level weekly with a more precise test. Test strips are rather error prone, and I would avoid them completely.

The Taylor PH test is best available PH test, and the reagent can be replaced inexpensively, so I would stick with the PH test you have.

Thanks guys! Unfortunately being a Canadian, Apollo Pools is the only place within the country to get Taylor Products (and we pay a lot more for them, a K-2106 full kit is $120!). I will look into the K-1001 kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.