Noisy pump motor

Jul 21, 2012
About a month ago the pump which drives my random pool sweeper began making noises while running. I thought it might be something in the pump or perhaps bad bearings in the motor.
The pump motor is a Magnetek Century Centurian. It is 3/4 HP, 230 v and says it is model #L-A01, and "For Pool and Spa duty". The pump housing is black plastic type material with 8 bolts holding on the outer pump housing and 4 bolts holding the housing to the motor.
I took the pump housing off and found the inlet and impeller clean.
The impeller is also plastic and the center (where I would have expected to find a bolt retaining the impeller) just has what appears to be a rounded end of the motor shaft. For the life of me, I can not get the impeller separated from the motor shaft. Being plastic, I am afraid of putting on too much prying leverage.
It occurred to me that the impeller may be theaded onto the shaft. The motor shaft runs through an open space in the plastic housing, The housing only has two holes on the side (not exactly opposite each other) and I can't get pliers into those holes to hold the shaft secure while I try to turn the impeller. I may be able to reach in with a small pipe wrench.
Does anyone know whether it is threaded on, or whether it is likely to be a left or right hand thread.
Again, because it is plastic, I don't think I need to put too much force trying to turn it maybe the wrong direction.
Any help is appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.