which test kit can I buy in, or get shipped to, UK

Nov 5, 2012
I notice that the best test kits are Taylor K2006, and TF100.
I have spent all morning googling these to try and find where I can get them in UK, but to no avail. Only sites in the US come up and none of them ship to UK. :?

Does anyone have any information on how to get a decent test kit here?
Is there an alternative which is available here?

Any advice is welcome.

I have updated the thread with more information, I did discuss the possibility of bringing in TF100 kits with duraleigh but the £ volume would not of been sufficient to justify some type of franchise agreement between us, so we are still stuck with either cheap kits or expensive ones i'm afraid :-(

For your set-up I would recommend a lovibond comparator from leisureteq, the checkit only tests 0-4ppm FC/TC using DPD reagents but would be plenty sufficient for you. If you are interested in this device I have one sitting around and could set you up with everything you need to get started, including tablet count for TA/CH and CYA test if needed.

Regards
Stuart

In which case:

FAS-DPD DROP KITS
Palintest sells the FAS-DPD drop test kit SP300(£33.40) or SP400(£36.20)(With Oxystop) direct minimum order value with palintest is £50net (VAT & Postage to add)
http://www.palintest.com/contact-us.aspx

You would therefore need to buy 2 SP300's as a minimum order.

Once you have CYA down to a lowly 20-40ppm you won't need an FC residual above normal DPD testing range, especially given you have an indoor endless pool.

PS anyone who tells you at your work that you don't need FC to be in relation to CYA level is ill-informed - in fact many of your colleagues won't even know what Cyanuric Acid is or does if it's an indoor pool also! Chlorine does work at low levels with high levels of CYA - although very slowly.

I have just located a LaMotte 7514 kit for £29.65 (+VAT) & £10 P&P.
This seems a reasonable price compared to having to buy 2x Palintest kits.

Does anyone have any experience of this kit?
I read the details on the LaMotte website and it appears to be the right sort of thing.

Again, any comments/advice welcome

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.