i guess it's about time i introduced myself.

TIMMAH

Jun 16, 2009
i found this sight when my mother bought the house across the street from me a few years back. it had a green slim pool and we needed help bad. the site helped so much and i tried to pass on the info to all my neighbors but they wouldn't listen. i just looked next door the other day and my neighbors pool is green again. everytime it rains it turns green also....ect.

i've had a spa for 11 years and just got a new one 2 weeks ago. i didn't take very good care of the first one but i also never had any water problems with it. i just threw in MA and bleach when needed. the new spa i decided to take better care of but this thing has been a pain. i didn't flush it and i just set it up. water got cloudy after about 8 days and it's been a fight for it to hold any chlorine or bromine level. i started off with a chlorine spa but it wouldn't hold any chlorine. so i tried the 2 step bromine since i have a ozonator. after shocking with mps or chlorine i can't keep bromine up for more then 8 hours even after 4 days of shocking. so i went to the 3 step bromine today and after about 10 hours i was still at almost 0 bromine with 2 tabs. so right now i have 4 tab in there with it wide open, i hope it holds the bromine until morning when i shock it again. water has been clear for a few days but i'm really shocked by how much chemicals i'm throwing at it. i'm waiting on the system flush to come in the mail and i hope that takes care if it.

i've been spending most of my free time reading up as much as i can on this site.

anyways i just wanted to say hi and thank you every much for the helpi have received here.