Question on using Spa System Flush

barefooting

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 11, 2011
Coastal, NJ
First, let me just say once again that this site is great. It's been a tremendous help.

I understand it's a good idea to run through a decontamination for new spas. I've ordered the Spa System Flush and the directions say to remove the filters while using the Spa System Flush. Is that correct?

I realize the owner's manual says not to run the spa when the filters are not installed. Do you have to remove the filters when using the Spa System Flush, or can you leave them in? I guess they would get a bit grimy and would need a cleaning afterwards. Or, is it better to remove them? I assume if you leave them in, you just need to be careful about leaves, etc. getting in the spa while it's running.

Thanks.

barefooting said:
I understand it's a good idea to run through a decontamination for new spas. I've ordered the Spa System Flush and the directions say to remove the filters while using the Spa System Flush. Is that correct?

Most products designed for flushing or deep cleaning a spa will operate more effectively with removal of the filter.

barefooting said:
I realize the owner's manual says not to run the spa when the filters are not installed. Do you have to remove the filters when using the Spa System Flush, or can you leave them in? I guess they would get a bit grimy and would need a cleaning afterwards. Or, is it better to remove them? I assume if you leave them in, you just need to be careful about leaves, etc. getting in the spa while it's running.

Correct, leaving it in is the safest way, however if your using a product designed for deep cleaning it may not work as well, it is best to follow the instructions by removing and replacing or thoroughly cleaning the filter (if it's not a new filter definitely replace) when you run your spa with the filter off you just need to make sure the water is clear of obstructions which could damage the impeller or piping (leaves, plastic goggle parts etc etc)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.