Zeolite

cood60

Platinum Supporter
Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 20, 2012
Virginia Beach
I thought I would post some info on the Zeolite mineral used in lieu of sand
Zeolite is a mineral, but there are various mines that is is mined from and several different types/qualities of the mineral
What can be confusing is that there are at least 3 companies that sell Zeolite Mineral but each sells a different type/quality.
Of course all advertize that theirs is the best!
The companies I know of are: ZeoSand, ZeoBright, and ZeoBest
ZeoSand's ZeoLite is emerald green in color. A guy named Pete is very helpful and seems honest to me.
ZeoBest is tan in color
Not sure about ZeoBrite.
The ZeoLite mineral product is pretty dirty in the bag (something about the mining process) and thus requires a very stringent and different method of installing and regenerating.

I used the ZeoBest product (not by my choice, it is just what the pool company used) I think they did not install it properly as I continue to get a fine dusty material piling up at the usuall seams etc. The guy from ZeoSand was very helpful in telling me how to fix the problem (assuming the Zeolite is my problem) He said to use a garden hose on about 3/4 pressure and poke it through the sand (ZeolLite) numerous times (at least 20) and push it to the bottom of the filter, being careful not to damage the laterals.
This, he says, "fluffs" the sand and separates the dusty stuff that it ships with. Then do a long backwash until the water is totally clear

Hope this helps someone who may be using or considering the use of the ZeoLite Mineral

Cush Dobbs

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.