New To Forum From Carrabelle, Florida

poolboss

In The Industry
Dec 17, 2012
Carrabelle, Florida
Hello all and thank you for allowing me to come aboard! My name is Jim and I am a pool addict! I recently found myself unemployed as general manager of a large swimming pool maintenance company upon my release from a two week stay in the hospital following major surgery. After 5 long years the owner decided to move in a different direction, it would seem, so I now find myself moving in a different direction as well. In as much, I have visions of beginning my own small service company along the beautiful coastal region of Florida's panhandle.

I found this site while researching a service problem and found an answer right away! Thank you! I then realized it just may be a benefit for me to ask to be a member here as well! I belong to several forum groups and certainly know first hand the wealth of information contained in such formats that is furnished by folks "in the know" and who are willing to help answer questions asked by those who do not. I do not know everything but I always learn something new each day. Continuing education is key for success and I hope by being here it will help to further my desire to be the best I can be. I trust too I will be able to contribute any knowledge I have for the benefit of someone else.

Thank you and may you all have a very Merry Christmas!
Jim

Welcome to the forums!!!

If you spend some time reading, you will soon see that is forum is generally to help owners maintain their own pool ... as such the recommendations are geared toward that end and typically require near daily testing / chemical additions. If you are going to be servicing more like once a week, then some of the recommendations you find here will not be applicable, but are easily adjustable to fit your needs.

And as always, someone is usually available and willing to try to help answer any questions that may come up. :goodjob:

Thank you, Mods! I certainly understand this format is geared more toward homeowners who maintain their own pools and respect that! It is not to say, though, those of us who do this for a living will not have some of the same issues homeowners encounter! Particularly when it comes to equipment and plumbing issues! From what I have seen so far you guys cover pretty much the whole gambit regarding maintenance and repair! I especially like the Pool School page!

Thanks!