can't blow out skimmers

Have you tried blowing the other direction? Either from the skimmer to the pump or from pump to skimmer? When I blew my lines it was difficult from the skimmer toward the pump but simple from the pump to skimmer. Not sure why it was easier one way but, any water still in there was mixed in with the gallons of pool antifreeze after I got it blown out. .

I can't imagine a compressor pushes enough volume to clear a skimmer line. I disconnect the pump union and use a shop vac to blow the line. I have Old Faithful 6ft high until the line is empty.

Just as JohnT said, I use my shop vac. I bought a 2inch rubber hollow center plug from the big box store, it slid right onto the shop vac nozzle. Stick the nozzle down into the skimmer pipe(basket removed) turn on. When I did it the other way and pushed water from the pump union it did just like John said- old faithful coming out of the skimmer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.