needing help....... from australia

Dec 17, 2012
hi all....i'm ruth and live in australia......and i am hoping someone over there can give me a clue about pool maintenance. it looks like you have a different approach to chemicals and care of pools compared to the mainstream view, which interests me. my problem is that we have a new place and it has a ruddy large pool..20 metres by 7 average depth of 1.5...would not be my choice but this is what we have!
i figure it holds roughly 250,000 litres. it was green like the swamp from calcutta. last week i added big amounts of chlorine and a week later(today) vacuumed out heaps of sludge....it is finally clearing up! the little robot is scooting around doing it's thing. now here is the question.....what next?
i would love it if i could be given some sort of plan for care. just realised probably no-one is looking at this site as you are approaching winter unlike us....but maybe some are looking for info to winterise their pools. fingers crossed!
hope someone can help.
all the best and merry christmas as well
ruth

Welcome to the forum :wave:

We're here, even in our winter!

Best place to start learning our method is Pool School, big white button at top right of each page.

Post a full set of test results and we can give more specific direction.

We're glad to have you with us :-D

Welcome to TFP!!!

As stated above, I would start by reading all the Pool School articles and asking questions about anything that does not make sense to you.

Quickly you should come to realize that having a GOOD test kit is the key to understanding and maintaining your pool. We recommend the TF100, which is luckily available from TDchlorinators down there.

Just want to make sure you are planning to order the kit. Here the recommended test kits are not available locally.

The key is the FAS-DPD chlorine test so watch for that.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.