sliding board for AG pools?

I was looking at the installation PDFs online. I don't think it's possible; at least not if you want to be legal. "The ANSI/NSPI-4 2007 standard for above ground pools prohibits the use of slides or diving boards on
above ground pools."

If it wasn't for that standard they would meet the requirements for the depth of the water though.

X-PertPool said:
I was looking at the installation PDFs online. I don't think it's possible; at least not if you want to be legal. "The ANSI/NSPI-4 2007 standard for above ground pools prohibits the use of slides or diving boards on
above ground pools."

If it wasn't for that standard they would meet the requirements for the depth of the water though.
Is that binding law in your state?

Sent via Tapatalk...

SebringDon said:
Wouldn't a slide (or more precisely, the force of a person hitting the water) generate quite a bit of uneven pressure on the side walls? Would there be a chance that force is too great for an above-ground pool?
Many people have deep end AGP'S I imagine there are a lot of cannonballs and such done in then without harm. I don't think the slide is going to be worse.

Sent via Tapatalk...

SebringDon said:
Wouldn't a slide (or more precisely, the force of a person hitting the water) generate quite a bit of uneven pressure on the side walls? Would there be a chance that force is too great for an above-ground pool?

above ground pools are built to handle a great amount of outward force. Lots of kids jump into above grounds regardless. It's like a stone in a pond, in terms of how much pressure it can handle. When above grounds do collapse it's usually from bottom rail or wall failure due to rust over many years. They also collapse inwards fairly easy when empty. Anyways, I think like someone mentioned before that it's a depth issue that they are worried about. Even though some of the shorter slides are designed for shallow water they still say not to use on above grounds.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
swimcmp said:
That is why the ANSI/NSPI regs are written. There are too many ag pools out that don't have a sufficient depth to insure the safe entrance into the pool.

Isn't that failing to address the problem? Shouldn't it just state the minimum depth and be done with it? I fail to see how banning them on all AGP's ensures more safety than saying that they have to be installed with a minimum depth. If I bury an AGP - is it now an IGP for the purpose of this regulation?

Sorry - I doubt you can answer for the people who write this stuff... but the logic just seems twisted.

It was probably just written before the shallow depth slides were introduced. In my inground pool I have a normal sliding board in the shallow end. For the most part it's safe but it is possible to slip under the water and your legs kick up and end you up wacking the back of your head.

Regardless of whether you take an ag and bury it, it is still an ag pool. What started all this is years ago ag pools used to be a shorter wall than what they are now. The depth of the water is what they want to be insured of having enough of to insure you don't hit the bottom. That is also why there are requirements to meet for diving boards.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.