Non-Believers

CB

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 21, 2012
Central Ohio
I should have posted this awhile ago.(should have taken pics as well)
When I was growing up in Mi. my parents and aunt and uncle both used bleach as a source of chlorine.(no pucks no SWG)Fast forward 30 yrs.I wanted to use bleach as well but no one could recall exactly what method was employed or if anything else was added in addition to the bleach.So I searched and found TFP.Thank you for having such a nice very informative site,I really appreciate all the people and information here.

My friend and I built AG pools this summer.His pool is 27' in dia. mine is 24' in dia. both finished within a week of one another.He went the puck route I went the bleach/SWG route.

My friend and his wife were over to my house for a BBQ and his wife remarked how nice and clear our pool water looked.(they have been fighting algae and water clarity issues ever since they put their pool in)My friends wife also remarked how I must spend hours a days vacuuming and brushing our pool.My wife laughed and remarked no we only spend about 5-10 min. a day and about an hour or 2 a weekend actually cleaning and testing our pool.They were floored and wanted to know more so we told them about TFP and the BBB method,they said it wasn't possible (exact word used was hocus pocus) :hammer: and that it was all due to my SWG.I promptly unhooked my SWG and handed them the cord and said come back in a month and we would see if they were correct.Fast forward a month water was still beautiful,they said I must have a second cord.I laughed and asked them if they enjoyed swimming in a green pool and wasting money on pool store chems.No response.Well they finally decided to check out TFP and have beautiful water as well.Thank you TFP. :party:

(yes I got my cord back)

What do you have to lose by going the BBB route?
Oh ya,Algae,cya over load,cloudy water,calcium deposits.
Not to mention you gain more free time and extra money in your pocket.
If the pool store knows you by name you are either in the pool industry,work for them or are there way to often.

That's a great story, and I've got one similar. I'm in FL, but have a good friend in MI with an above-ground pool. She's always had the late-season algae problem caused by pucks and high CYA, and had no clue why. When we talked on the phone about her pool and she said she had problems, I said "let me describe them to you" and proceeded to describe the typical CYA build-up problem so common with seasonal pools. She said I must be reading her mail. ;)

When she was here to visit I turned her on to TFP, and she can hardly wait for next spring to reopen her pool. She's going to start with BBB when she opens. I bet she has no algae problems next fall.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.