Selling & Trading Down-level Equipment

Brewer

Oct 2, 2012
Southern California
Just curious ---
Many of the folks on this forum have upgraded their pumps, filters and cleaners. From the tense of most of the posts, I get the impression that at least half of the equipment replaced is in good to excellent condition. While I realize it is verboten to advertise said equipment on the forums, I am nevertheless curious about which are the favorite ( and most successful ) methods of "disposing" of it. At the risk of sounding like I live in a third-world country, many folks in my area dispose of unwanted "stuff" by merely leaving it at the curb in the evening, and waiting for someone to steal it ( actually, most devotees of this method mark it "free" ). While it may sound too "political", I am averse to listing goods ( free or otherwise ) on Craig's List, as there has been in increase in home burglaries ( and outright "invasions") immediately following such listings in my area. Yard sales are obviously usefull for "ordinary" stuff, but moving heavy stuff ( pumps & filters ) back and forth can be dangerous for old goats like myself.

Luckily we don't have the Craigslist issues here but the local pool store also take consignments or you could possibly speak with any number of pool service/cleaning companies. They may be able to help out one of thier customers and you at the same time. And of course there's always EBay.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.