Installing SWG tomorrow, can I put the salt in today?

Sure go for it. Did you compute how many bags you'll need? You can use solar salt instead of "pool salt". Pool salt is finer ground. Remember your pool isn't at 0 for salt. So you may want to add a couple bags less. It's easier to add than to remove.

When I added my 12 bags, (do a couple of trips if you don't have a truck (don't overload your vehicle)), I added 9 or 10. Then brushed my sides down, it mostly dissolved in 1 hour or so. If you have your pump on aim a jet to the pile to help it dissolve. Dissolve time will also depend on water temp. So don't be too concerned. It will dissolve with time.

Good luck with your unit. It make pool care easier.

OK, so the SWG is installed. It is the Compupool CPSC48, brand new and guess what? It has A LEAK. :rant: :rant: The o-ring seal where the salt cell gets screwed in is leaking. It is just a drip, not a gusher, and it is working, but kind of a bummer. I called Compupool and they emailed me a warranty form. Annoying that I have to fill out these forms and switch out the part, but let's hope the unit will be RELIABLE after they send me a replacement part. Anyway, I should have gotten the SWG sooner. So done with chlorine. The funny thing is, the money I saved buying bleach was wiped out by the cost of all the clothes ruined by bleach splash.

Let's hope we can get this baby WORKING :party: :party:

I've got the same unit. It's a good unit overall. Are you running it 230 or 115 volts? You'll still occasionally use liquid chlorine (heavy bather load, shocking, any time you need to get your level up quickly).
You may want to use some o-ring lube and re-tighten.

It's the inlet. The o-ring is not sealing. It is very tight, I don't want to crack the plastic.

The cell was not screwed into the casing when the unit arrived. Did yours arrive screwed in?

I purchased it online and suspected something funky when I opened the box.

It's running at 230 - same as my pump.

Anyhow, I will get a replacement casing from the company. That will hopefully fix it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The day I added my salt. :)

salt.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.