Hot tub step missing, options/suggestions????

Sep 5, 2012
Oklahoma
Just had our pool completed a couple of months ago. It is inground gunite/quartz pool/hottub combo. We have found that it is very difficult to get into and out as there are no steps into the hot tub, just the seating inside. Is there a solution to this problem? Can you purchase steps somewhere for inside the hottub? My husband is a disabled veteran and it is even more difficult for him to get in and out of and we are still young. Don't know how much longer we will acutally be able to do it.

I have included the rendering photo for a better view. I haven't taken any after photos since the landscaping will not be completed until Spring.

Attachments

• Mike_&_Christina_Spies Final_003.jpg
    Mike_&_Christina_Spies Final_003.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 113
There are multiple varieties of lifts available, you could have one installed between the tub and pool for dual use. Look online Craig's list first. I saw one a month ago for $100.00 all PVC construction. Here is a link to but one of the retailers online http://www.poollifts.com/accessibility-equipment.aspx
You may also want to speak with the VA as they may know of discounts not available to the public since he is service disabled.

4knights: A lift might be too large to leave any room in the hottub.

Christian: I am not sure how deep it is from the coping to the botom of the hottub. I think above ground pool steps would take up too much room since it is already ptetty small.

YippeeSkippy: I think that a bar might be all we need. That is a really good idea!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.