Looking for a cartridge filter replacement....help!

Oct 7, 2012
Puerto Rico
Hi, guys as I previously posted on : http://www.troublefreepool.com/i-need-help-on-how-to-clean-my-cartridge-filter-t54535.html I've given up on my quest to clean my filter to like new condition.Although I had received some suggestions on where to get a new one, the issues is that I don't know which one I should get. I've used the Pleatco filter finder by measurement (25.5" long x 7" Circ.) that shows several results for several brands. My actual filter has no markings or numbers what so ever, being made in China I thought this pump/filter combo must be a knockoff of some known brand. I've included some pics to see if you can chip in some info. Thanks!
filterfull.jpg

filterdtail.jpg

Attachments

• Filter.jpg
    Filter.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 104
Post a picture of the top and bottom of the cartridge also. The end cap pictures on that website show differences. You have to enlarge to see them however.

Looking closely at this it appears to me that there are only a few differences - these fit several filters. There are two level end caps and three level end caps, and there are end caps without anything other than a hole and those with a "spider" looking device in the hole. If I looked at it right the two level has a spider in all offered choices, and the three level comes with or without the spider. That means there are three options total really - unless there are some subtle differences I'm missing and this matches the model numbers. So you really only need to concentrate on three comparisons:

PA100N
(-M is antimicrobial, -4 is a four pack, -PAK4 looks like another 4 pack) aka Hayward CX870-XRE, Unicel C-7487, Filbur FC-1270

PA106
(-M is antimicrobial, -4 is a four pack, -PAK4 looks like another 4 pack) aka Hayward CX880-XRE , Unicel C-7488, Filbur FC-1226

PA112
(-M is antimicrobial, -4 is a four pack) aka Hayward CX-875RE, Unicel 7489, Filbur FC-1275

PPF-105 (seems identical to above)
aka Hayward CX-875RE, Unicel C-7489, Filbur FC1275 (Same as PA112?)

If the end plate matches I wouldn't worry too much - the claim is that Unicel is as good or better than the OEM. The real differences between the PA100, PA106, PA112 appear to be the number of pleats and the molded end style. If the molded end style matches then I'd go for it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.