leaking sta-rite plm 100

Jun 6, 2011
I noticed that there are a few trickles of water from my filter.
Everything fits snugly, but the o ring is shot.
I hesitate to go to my local pool store. Two years ago, I bought an o ring for my stabilizer tab feeder and even though I gave them the exact specs they still sold me the wrong one. Major pain.
So I have two questions.
first. Is there a good on-line source to get this o ring.
second...are there any special "tips" that will make replacement go smoothly.
thanks.

There are several online places to get the parts from. Just search for the model number of the filter you have and you will find many parts diagrams where you can order the part from.

When reassembling it, use plenty of silicon pool lube on it.

Funny thing...I took the suggestion and entered my model # as it appears on the shell.
"Sta-rite system 3 modular filtration PLM100" yet when the results came up the filter that was pictured was absolutely NOT
my filter. I scanned around the sites and it was clear to me that the filter I have resembled the system 2.
This was confusing. I know better than to ignore the id labels when ordering parts for anything yet there was absolutely
something wrong here. This is when that "little bird" spoke to me.
I have a drawer filled with various owners manuals. I checked the drawer and there I found the manual for my
filter...In big bold letters it said "system 2" right over a picture of my exact unit.
I went back outside to double check the decal on my filter. Yep, it said "system 3"
So now I know what part to order.
I guess the thing to do is remove the old "O" ring and clean the goove. Then slick up the new one with silicone and make sure
it fits snug.
Question...is ptfe in a tube a good lube for this...I have one on hand.
thanks again.

PTFE is ok, silicone is better - UNLESS there is a ring that specifically calls for no PTFE. It is rare, but happens occasionally in pool stuff.

The cheaper pool o ring lubes are all PTFE, the expensive ones are silicone.

If you use the silicone, don't do any finish (painting) work until you have had 3 showers or so - cars, wood, whatever. Fish eyes everywhere!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.