Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
:swim:
I am so glad that I found this forum!

We recently purchased a home with a 12' x 40' inground lap pool in good condition. The property was a vacation rental for many years --- this is our first pool. I recently replaced the old energy-hog pump with a two-speed EP-4 EcoPump, and I intend to perform ALL pool maintenance myself after 1/1/13.

Since electricity rates in Hawaii are the highest in the USA, I want to program our pump timer to filter our pool water no more than 200% daily. I currently run the pump 24 hours per day on the "Circulate" setting, which is its most economical mode. However, based upon the EP-4 pump performance curves shown in the pump specifications, I'm concerned that our new pump may not be sized appropriately. According to my calculations, the average feet of head of our pool is 56' <see attached drawing>. Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

I'll submit pool chemistry figures later. Our water is clear, except for the occasional nightly millipede incursions. The person who has maintained the pool for 6+ years does not recall that the pool has ever been completely drained and refilled during that time frame.

Attachments

• Pool - average feet of head drawing.png
    Pool - average feet of head drawing.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 72
Aloha and welcome.
Have you read this post: pool-school/pump_run_time

You're running in low speed. That's good. Now you may want to decrease your run time. Info is in the post provided.

Don't sweat 56' of head. It doesn't apply. Vertically vs Horizontally and it's at low speed vice high speed.

I'm not doing a great job explaining, some one will chime in. But you're good.