first time with cloudy water HELP!!

Sep 3, 2011
HelP!!! i live in TN and have been trying to get my water clear for three weeks. I can hardly see the bottom of pool its not green just cloudy. Its clean no dirt sides have been brushed. I cleaned my cartridge filter. My pump has been running on high for a week 10 hours a day. please help,,,,

test kit from T-100

salt 2900
cl 11 with no cc after shocking
ph 7.5
TA 80
Ca 160

Help us understand more of your situation.....zero chlorine or CYA is not a reason to shock. You must have had cloudy or green water that prompted you to shock, correct? So, are you saying that cloudy or green water never cleared up?

We can help get your pool clear but you must help us understand the history of what you have done and why you have done it.

My water has perfect balanced and clear since the spring. i noticed about a week or two ago it started getting cloudy. I checked my cl level and it was zero. I accounted for this because the water is to cold for my salt generator to produce chlorine. The pool has been to cold to swim for about two months. We have had a lot of rain and my cya had dropped to almost nothing and since the genenerator had been producing cl and pool had been clear i haven't added anymore cya. So i since my cl was zero and generator was not producing and the pool was cloudy that's why i shocked the pool with bleach amount determined via the pool calculator and it is still cloudy after shocking.

Sounds like you don't have a good grasp on how to properly perform the shock process.

Did you fully pass the OCLT?
What is your filter pressure?
What does your filter look like when you remove it to clean it off?
Is your filter pressure rising every few days?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.