New inground liner

Lafrog

Oct 26, 2012
We have an IG pool, Grecian shape, 20+ k. which will be getting a new liner in Spring. We are installing it ourselves. I closed this fall with water in. I plan to drain the pool and measure in the Spring, leaving the old liner in until the new one comes, then make the change. My question is this--How long can the pool stay empty between liner removal and new installation?

That depends on the ground stability and ground water level around the pool. In most cases a week or two isn't a problem, often enough much longer is also not a problem. However if you have lots of ground water, or unusually soft soil conditions, there can be problems very quickly. If ground water is an issue for you, you generally need to use well points to lower the water table around the pool for the entire period while the pool is empty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.