Help with my Sta rite 333NA pool heater!

FUZSTA

Dec 4, 2012
My heater doesn't start because the air blower doesn't start. My air blower motor spins freely but won't start on it's own. A little spin with a screwdriver and the unit runs perfectly. I believe it is a capacitor. I tried and tried to track this $20.00 part down and cannot find it anywhere. Everyone wants to sell me a new blower motor. If anyone has an suggestions, knows where I can find this capacitor or has an old blower motor that I can use the capacitor from, please respond! Btw, on the capacitor, it says "CBB60 8UF 250VAC". It is a round capacitor and 1-1/8" wide and 1-5/8" high with a black and red wire coming out of the top.

I checked on Amazon, Ebay, called various companies, they do not have the size that we need. They won't fit inside because they are all too big. That's why I think my best bet is to find someone with the air blower that they are not using and possibly get the capacitor from that.

Start looking on craigslist for a used heater like yours at a decent price and you'll have plenty of parts for repairs. I can tell you I have never seen anyone replace the capacitor in these motors. They all get thrown out and a new motor is put in its place. All of the large pool equipment companies do this. So I think you will have a hard time finding what you need. Have you called Pentair to see what they could possibly do or maybe tell you where you might find this part?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.