Raven0829 from Rockford, IL

Nov 26, 2012
Hi there everyone. My name is Don, and I recently became the semi-proud owner of a used 1998 Sundance Capri hot tub. I've worked at UPS for almost 15 years, and after all that time I finally developed some severe back trouble. I've tried medication, physical therapy and rehab, ice, a TENS unit, etc. I finally sprung for the spa because I'm a large guy and barely fit into a standard bath tub. I needed something I could stretch out in!

I got the unit for a good price, but you get what you pay for. Everything works, with the exception of the circulation pump. I'm currently browsing sites trying to find one that won't take forever to ship out and has a good reputation. The other issue is that it leaks, and is getting worse by the day. I would estimate that I'm losing at least 5 gallons a day. I've got some fix-a-leak on order that should arrive later this week, and I'm praying that it takes care of the problem. If not, then finding the issue should be a whole lot of fun.

A few nice things about the spa is that I was able to set it up in my garage to avoid the nasty northern IL winters. I also have a garage heater that will keep me toasty warm, so it will get year-round use. It's a small garage, but I managed to arrange everything to I still have room for either mine or my wifes' car to fit. I've only had it a couple weeks, but I've used it almost every day and I absolutely love it. It helps my back pain tremendously and is incredibly relaxing as you all know. Unfortunately, I end up undoing all the good it does by having to wet vac and wring out towels constantly due to the leaking.

Other than that, I am 34 years old, been married just over a year, and have no children unless you count the 3 dogs and cat. My wife is a teacher in the local school district. As far as hobbies go, I enjoy reading, video games, playing on the computer, spending time with my wife and family, and bowling. I've been very limited on what I can do for the last few months from the back issues, but it's slowly getting better. My best friend is the brother of one of the moderators here, which is how I got to using the site. I actually posted another topic first in the spa section before I decided to introduce myself.

That's about all I can think of for now. I hope to be able to contribute more as I browse the forum and learn all I can. I usually lurk quite a bit, but if I have an answer or something meaningful to say I will speak up. Right now I'm most concerned about getting this tub running smoothly and leak-free. It's quickly becoming a lot more expensive than I originally planned for. If anyone knows of some good, reputable sites to order supplies from, I would be glad to hear about them. The 2 I've used so far are ok, but the shipping has been extremely slow. I haven't received my products from either yet, and they were ordered early last week. Good bye for now, and thanks for reading.

Regards,
Don

Hey Don. Welcome to TFP!

I saw your other post, but did not totally make the connection. I am sure my brother knows more about workings of hot tubs than I do given his recent hands on experience. But, there are certainly people more knowledgeable here that should be able to help get you up and running.

Good luck!