Two Spa Maintenance issues

Oct 28, 2012
Seattle, WA
Trying not to create one huge thread and separate issues a little...

1st... one section of my small spa, right at the water level, has some white hazing... it much worse when its dry... it seemed like it got better when I scrubbed it with a pool cleaning gel and a light scrub pad but I am not sure... is this scaling? From Calcium? I am trying to upload some pictures but my computer is having an issue with my SD card reader.

2nd... there is a line coming off my "ozonator" that starts off somewhat small, goes through one "convertor" (sorry a better word escapes me at the moment) and the line gets a little bigger, then goes through another "convertor" and drops down to a very thin tube, I'm guessing 1/4" OD... that tube is maybe 6"s and then goes through another convertor to a line that is the biggest yet. That line runs into the spa. Any reason for this? Did someone just cobble this together? Came to my attention as the very thin tube sprung a pin hole leak recently and now I need to figure out what to do... long story but I now the previous owner had similar issues and in the same area under the spa I found a small trimming of this very small tube. The first two tubes are very long... lots of excess line coiled all over the place. Reason? Can I just remove the entire small tube if I can find the appropriate size "convertor?"

Thanks, I will post pictures as soon as I can.

If it matters at all its a Marquis Spa, 2 person spa, probably 150 gallons.

all right, had to use my cell phone... here is the "white staining." How do I clean it?

IMG-20121202-00156.jpg

and here is the tubing adjustments... ignore the black duct tape, that was my attempt at a very quick fix, its now drained and I have some different tubing options to attempt to fix it but need to know if there is a reason it needs to be like this?

IMG-20121202-00157.jpg

1) It looks like it is probably calcium. Try a diluted mix of muriatic acid and water...no more than 1/3 acid to 2/3 water. Let it soak for a minute and see if it will come off. Rinse well! It can discolor if left too long or if not rinsed fully.
2) Yes.....your ozonator tubing can be replaced. And it does not matter how big the tubing is or how many adapters you use. I would just try and use the same material for the tubing. It was probably assembled....or cobbled together.....in that manner at the factory.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.