New Stenner Convert

Oct 29, 2012
Katy, TX
With the help of all of the info already here, and some graciously answered questions on other forum threads, I too now have a Stenner automated chlorination system. Super easy to setup, and I expect pretty smooth results. You say see the seperate intermatic digital timer underneath my automation box, of course the tank and Stenner pump between my two hayward pumps, and the inject point is the top port of the old tablet feeder.

9F257653-0590-4AB2-AE00-648C4B85E864-2504-000001E76E35A98F.jpg

Good looking install. It was probably a lot easier than you thought, wasn't it? The package Stenner delivers has everything you need.

I am not sure if it will be an issue, but due to the fact that your inject point is in the top of your tablet feeder, I wonder if there might be a sort of "dead spot" in the tablet feeder housing? In other words the bleach or liquid chlorine might not get thoroughly flushed through by the water stream which is entering at the bottom???? Perhaps it will not be a problem. I would make sure that the dial setting for the water flow is set to maximum. Perhaps it's a non-issue.

I actually for some unknown reason left my water flow setting in the "OFF" position for a few days. I know the reason but don't like to admit mistakes. I had some pretty strong stuff in the feeder but it was eventually getting forced into the pool.

Thanks Carl! Yes, it was much easier than I thought. Hardest part was programming the new timer, which wasn't hard at all. As far as mixing in the old puck tube: I've watched it operate with the lid off a couple of times, and checked it afterwards, and it seems to be mixing really well. I think the fact that the chlorine falls so far into the water at the bottom helps.

Currently I have it dispensing 2c of 8.25% daily. 1c during the morning pump run time, and 1c during the evening run time. According to my spreadsheet where I've been tracking chlorine usage for the past month or two, 2c daily is all I'm using in winter with only occassional spa usage. (Although I did heat the pool up to 90 this past weekend). We'll see what kind of equilibrium it reaches.

Cooler weather and shorter days has really reduced our chlorine usage as well. I am down to just under a quart of 8.25% bleach per day. We heated the pool to 88 for the week of Thanksgiving. And it did require increased chlorine. But managing the pool is all so much easier with the help of all the folks on this website.

Have fun.

Is that puck feeder one that has been used for Trichlor in the past? I asked about adding liquid bleach there in the past and got a lot of answers that seemed to indicate it was bad idea. EDIT: This was for a puck feeder that was no longer actively used and had not been used as one since July of this past year.

houstonTex said:
It briefly hosted pucks... couple of months. I rinsed it thoroughly and haven't had any problems.

Good to hear - that gives me hope. Can you give me a couple of close up shots of the puck feeder connection and the pump install?

Also where did you get the container for the bleach and the mounting looks custom - how did you get that so nice looking - is that designed for this use?

Bleach tank is built by Stenner specifically for these pumps. I got mine in UV grey since it's outside. Bought both the tank and the pump (plus rain roof) at US Water Systems.

858E58E5-A993-4CC6-8C5F-2295642438D7-28514-000017523E049313.jpg

1FFE85DE-30AD-4D76-9D0A-6C69F9C48936-28514-000017524166457B.jpg

70A05216-49DC-4CCD-8D59-A0B7F752CD2B-28514-00001752440AD505.jpg

The inject point in the tablet feeder used to just have a plug in it, which I removed and threaded the inject nipple (which came with the pump and fit perfectly).

Hello - Thank you for all the great photos. I am in the process of setting up an almost identical setup as this. How do you like the timer? It looks like the one I am considering from what I can tell in the photos. Please pardon the 'post out of no-where' as I have just been lurking up until now while our pool was being built. Many thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.