Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Katy, TX here!

1. Back To Top    #1

Katy, TX here!

Hi-

My name's Tom. Myself and my family moved here to Texas August of last year. We're currently renting a home while ours gets built. We have budgeted some money for a pool build after we close on the home. I've looked around in here and have seen that there are more than a few folks in here in my local area. I'm hoping to be able to get as much help here as I can before we dive headfirst into a pool project (pun intended). I'm from New England and I am no stranger to pools. My Dad has always had and still has pools. I helped with the maintenance at times so I'm familiar with pools in that respect. All that was above ground pools though. Here in the Houston area, most ofthe pools are in ground gunite pools. Probably not going to go saltwater, I've talked to some folks about this and i'm going to stick with what I know. What I can't believe is how much this will cost us. I've received some preliminary price quotes from reputable builders in my area. I tried to talk the wife out of the spa, she ain't having it. So, thank you in advance for any help/support I may get from y'all.

-Tom
    Freeform 24' x 31' IG gunite, chlorine pool, 3'-4.5'-6.5' deep, 15K gallons, 8' Dia. Spa, Pentair CNC Plus 420 cartridge filter, IntelliFlo 4160 pump, WhisperFlow WF-30-2.5 HP Spa pump, Pentair .75 HP booster pump, Pentair MasterTemp 400 Heater, MDX Debris Removal system, Intellibrite Color LED lights, Tropical Breeze PebbleTec, Pentair Legend Platinum pressure side pool cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2
    Welcome!
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!

There's alot of good information here. Folks will chime in soon. I'm in the middle of a build over in Louisiana right now about 3 hours from you.

Just ask questions and most likely someone will have an answer.
    Fortune favors the well prepared

The build...
    viewtopic.php?t=3974
    Freeform 24' x 38' IG gunite. 3 1/2' to 8' deep. 28,500 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWCG. Pentair Intelliflo VF. Pentair CCP520 cartridge filter. Colorlogic LED lights. Tahoe Blue Diamond Brite. 1200 sq ft stamped concrete deck.
    More details as they happen...

4. Back To Top    #4
    Hey Tom and welcome

Imagine that.....another Texan

Glad to have you here!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Howdy :P

I went to high school in Katy, before Houston came and swallowed it up
    12' x 28' Doughboy, partially underground, 9100 gal. Hayward pump and sand filter, Barracuda Zippy pressure side cleaner.

6. Back To Top    #6
    welcome!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

7. Back To Top    #7
    Welcome to TFP (and Texas)! I was born in Illinois but now consider myself a proud Texan. You'll have to get you one of those bumperstickers that says, "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could!"
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Welcome neighbor !
    11,000 gal. gunite w/midnight blue and white pearl PebbleTec
    Intelliflo 4x160 pump
    Intellichlor IC-20 SWG
    Pentair cartridge filter 420 sq. ft.
    Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Legend Platinum cleaner
    Pool School
    JasonLion's Pool Calculator
    TF Test Kits