Mulch in and Mud in my pool

rogerbrks

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 2, 2007
Round Rock, TX
Central Texas had a stormy night Wednesday (5/14). Round Rock got a good and heavy rain. Unfortunately the rain was hard enough to get around my retaining wall and wash 20 bags of Texas Native mulch, dirt and rock into my pool. I spent most of Thursday cleaning. I got as much of the muck out with the pool net. I am currently using the polaris vacuum and had my filter pump run 24hrs/day. My question should I keep chemicals at their repective levels while I'm trying to clean all the mud and mulch out? And is there a commercial pool cleaner that could be rented to clean my pool that looks like a public restroom?

Sorry about that. You might be able to use a leaf rake on the mulch. A good leaf rake has a rubber/plastic blade on the front that picks things off the bottom and guides them into the net. It sounds like you've got plenty of water so you might consider vacuuming to "waste" to get the mud out.

Of course, I can't see the extent of the debris but usually, you'll be better off to just get to work cleaning it up than trying to find a better piece of equipment.

A little extra clorox in the pool during cleanup provides a safety margin, but if you get it cleaned up today or tomorrow, I think you'd be fine to balance everything after it's clean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.