New Pool in Flower Mound, TX

JohnH

May 28, 2012
Flower Mound, TX
Recommendations of selecting cleaner. Had two PB quotes, waiting for third next week. one PB selecting pressure cleaner with booster pump, the other selecting suction cleaner. Decided not to go with robot, don't want to mess with it, in-out-in-out. Also decided not to go with salt water system, flag stone here in TX is to soft, don't want to seal every year. Have some trees and bushes around the pool. Its a 15 x 34 ft. pool, with spa and two water features on back wall, (spill ways). 11,000 - 13,000 gal.

Any Suggestions on type of cleaner? Thanks

John

Some would argue that the robots are less intrusive to actually using the pool. Unless you do not mind swimming with the hose and cleaner in the pool all the time.

Nice thing about a robot is you only run it when the pool needs it. While suction cleaners and pressure cleaners may force you to run the expensive pumps longer than needed.

In all cases I agree there are down sides, I do not like putting the robot in and out ... often I will not run it for weeks which leaves the pool a little messy in the winter. At least a non-robot, if left in, would clean for a few hours a day.

Suction cleaners also will require you to clean/backwash the filter more often ... although that actually may be less of a hassle than cleaning out the robot or pressure cleaner.

Pluses and Minuses to all of the options ... just depends on what annoys you the most.

Cutting some of my patio for spa
8430582595_abc953c332_z.jpg

view from corner of yard
8431666642_40c54cd101_z.jpg

view from patio
8431666400_7a27ace211_z.jpg

8430581653_605eb89c62_z.jpg

8431667332_6ca53ea56f_z.jpg

Honestly I am surprised it is allowed to be that close ... wife's brother used to jump off their house into a pool when they were teens ... actually jumped her bicycle off the roof into the pool as well ... dumb kids :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just text PB, he said couldn't get second skimmer installed, because of high beam in back of pool. I have google the issue of "how many skimmers for a 13,700 gal.
13 x 28 pool". It seems like I really don't need two skimmers, because of causing dead spots in pool. What Say You Guys!! I'm sure I paid for two skimmers in my bid.

JohnH said:
Just text PB, he said couldn't get second skimmer installed, because of high beam in back of pool. I have google the issue of "how many skimmers for a 13,700 gal.
13 x 28 pool". It seems like I really don't need two skimmers, because of causing dead spots in pool. What Say You Guys!! I'm sure I paid for two skimmers in my bid.

I've seen way bigger pools with only one skimmer with no issues... My new build will be included. I think part of it has to do with the plant life you have around your pool. Big trees with lots of leaves falling in the pool, will tax the skimmer(s) no matter what. If your pool is in an open area, with very little vegetation getting in, then your one skimmer will be fine.

Look for your contract and deduct a skimmer from the final payment.

I would opt for two skimmers if possible. I have two and need them both. Spring and early summer is very windy here in North Texas and stuff will continuously be blown into the pool, whether you hqave trees overhanging or not. Sure, it can be ok with one, but remember that it is much tougher to add a skimmer later.

Looks nice. When the ground was excavated, do you know if there was much water? Can anyone comment on what to look for as far as watertable? From the pictures and my very limited knowledge it looks like there is no issue with the water table and no concerns when it comes to draining the pool later if needed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.