New Pool in SE Texas-New Pics

pragmatic

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2011
Friendswood, TX
Hello everyone!
After many years of contemplating, procrastinating, saving and then deciding on a pool builder, I’m almost done with my backyard overhaul! It’s been an experience but with the help and advice from TFP (I’m a lurker) everything went smooth. I chose a smaller local company (not sure if it’s acceptable to advertise). The owner/ GC was very easy to work with, he impressed our city inspectors and was on-site every single day. He treated the contractors with respect and paid them in cash after each day’s work. From start to finish was a shocking 17days (which included a couple rain-days)! Now I’m on to landscaping and irrigation ~ wish me continued luck! Dave
DSC_1121.jpg

DSC_1122.jpg

DSC_1152.jpg

DSC_1162.jpg

DSC_1323-1.jpg

DSC_1321-1.jpg

DSC_1326.jpg

DSC_1324.jpg

Re: New Pool in SE Texas

That is a beautiful outdoor area you've created. The pool is awesome.

Have to ask you; is that outdoor fireplace part of the Bristol collection from Belgard? I freakin' love it. Did you build that yourself or order the different sections? I ask because I don't see the hearth part of it. And if I may be so forward, could you perhaps IM me with the approximate cost of it. Please!!! It's just that I've admired that particular fireplace for ages now and would love to know the expense involved. Thanks.

Thanks everyone for looking!
Lpge40 said:
That is a beautiful outdoor area you've created. The pool is awesome.

Have to ask you; is that outdoor fireplace part of the Bristol collection from Belgard? I freakin' love it. Did you build that yourself or order the different sections? I ask because I don't see the hearth part of it. And if I may be so forward, could you perhaps IM me with the approximate cost of it. Please!!! It's just that I've admired that particular fireplace for ages now and would love to know the expense involved. Thanks.
Yes, you got it, the fireplace is the Bristol line from Belgard. Very nice flue (sp?) system and solid construction, but heavy as heck (10k+lbs). I'll PM you the details.
Dave

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Saved us at least $3000, but not sure if we’ll ever attempt anything like this ourselves again. We’re about 95% done with the landscaping; 4-pallets moss-rock (12,000lbs), 12yds bank-sand, 6yd top-soil mix & 60 plants; tomorrow~10 more plants /shrubs & 4yd black mulch. We’ll be ready for spring swimming very soon!
DSC_1759_zps8126e19d.jpg

DSC_1755_zps9245d019.jpg

DSC_1758_zps5adc52ac.jpg

DSC_1753_zps8a8b5ef6.jpg

DSC_1760_zpsb6182c5e.jpg

Nice work Dave! It's more satisfying doing it yourselves! I did our pool 8 years ago and figuring out the savings (15k+) I would do it all over again!

My dog Casey was with me every step of the way during my agp build in 2007 and she loved the pool! She passed away in Oct of 2011 sadly. I have a question... does your freak dive to the bottom of the pool?! :mrgreen:

Casey said:
My dog Casey was with me every step of the way during my agp build in 2007 and she loved the pool! She passed away in Oct of 2011 sadly. I have a question... does your freak dive to the bottom of the pool?! :mrgreen:
Amazing how we/they can become so attached! It certainly brings a smile watching them swim without a care in the world...our knucklehead, "Dice" has just started "trying" to dive; he has trouble going deeper than the second step, but he's only had "his" pool since October :-D maybe this summer?

I'm sure he'll be diving n swimming to the bottom soon then! Casey used to get diving rings n the toypedo off the bottom of the pool! We had some fun times!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.