Pentair MiniMax Short Cycling

Feb 26, 2010
My MiniMax heater is short cycling. On for about 30 seconds then off about the same. I removed the flow switch and it seems to ne operational. Not sure how to test it. I checked the outputs and get 9.25K ohms between them whether the water is flowing or not. When unplugged the heater doesn't start at all and if I short the inputs to the control board it doesn't start either. Anyone know what the output of the switch should be? I'm not sure how to verify if the switch is bad.

Thanks,
Steve

Do you know that your heater is getting adequate gas pressure? I had a similar problem, and had the gas company out. They informed me that our old gas line to the pool heater was corroded and needed to be replaced. This was a bit pricey to do, but faulty gas lines are not something one wants running through your backyard! The MiniMax has a series of fault codes that can be determined by looking at the control panel as well as the control board. You should search for the MiniMax repair manual online for more info.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.