Still undecided on pool

bazzy

Nov 23, 2012
AUS
Hi All

I am new to this forum, I am looking at getting one of the intex ultra above ground pools,

Still a little un decided if I should or shouldn't get one, I own my house and live in it my self,

If I go for one I would have it salt water to save on chemicals.

What sort of things should I be taking into consideration when putting one in?

I have been told to expect $100AU in power and upkeep.

The pool comes with a cover and will be up all year round.

Regards

Bazzy

Salt does not save money in the long haul with larger systems but the small Intex systems are pretty cheap so it might save you money.

If you do get an Intex system disconnect the copper bars.

Sent via Tapatalk...

The single most important thing when putting a pool up is getting the ground level.
You cannot determine level with your naked eye, you may be able to see if it's flat but level and flat are 2 different things. There are lots of videos online showing proper pool set up, watch those and get educated on the proper steps.
A pool that is out of level is a risk to people and property.

Check local codes and home owner association rules so you don't get more expense then you plan for. There are several threads here about what people have run into.

We have a 9x18 with salt. So easy to maintain its crazy. I spent the summer floating in mine while my niece spent all summer trying to keep her water clear. Salt water is the way to go. As others said level level level and then relevel. And don't use cement blocks. One of ours busted and we had to empty and start again. We love our pool and will be getting a bigger one when this one goes!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.