Screenlogic didn't restart properly

MattM

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 14, 2011
San Diego, CA
This week I had to switch the pool loadcenter/power to service briefly in order to restart the pump after finding that the kids had clogged the skimmer and the pump was sucking in air. After fixing things, restarting, and putting the system back into 'auto' mode -- everything seemed to startup fine. However, it's two days later and I just realized that screenlogic never started and all the custom heating schedules created in screenlogic have not been in effect. The intellitouch controls are still working, just everything that screenlogic does above and beyond seems down and the screenlogic mgmt app is not able to connect. I still see a link up switch on the router though..so I have to suspect either it is crashed and wont boot, has completely wiped its config, or needs to be forceibly reset.

Anyone else seen this happen before? What did you do?

What happens if you power cycle the SL2 ethernet->RS485 bridge? The fact that the Intellitouch is still working, but SL2 does not would suggest that the SL2 is just not listening on the RS485 bus.

BTW, what information is stored by the SL2? Shouldn't all of these settings be stored on the Intellitouch? I can imagine that the SL2 might store realtime data for plotting trends, but the configuration should be mostly stored in the Intellitouch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.