Problem with Sour Smell

Dave_J

Nov 6, 2012
Hey All --

I've been getting a sour smell around the top edge of my tub at the front. I've tried wiping it down with Clorox wipes, and have also used water from inside the tub (after adding chlorine up to 7ppm), and neither of those have helped. Yes, I've also wiped down the cover in that area. Does anybody have an idea of something better to deal with the smell? Maybe a rag with almost pure chlorine?... That's probably a bit harsh, but the smell really is unpleasant.

Thanks!
Dave

Sorry -- this is a 2-year old Jacuzzi Hot Tub (J-355). Haven't had any real issues until this one crept up. Also, I just started the BBB method about a month ago. I had been using Aqua Finesse, but then I found this forum and became educated.

Post-soak, I chlorinate to about 5 ppm.... by the time I soak the next day it is around 1 ppm. Yes, the filter is clean.

To be clear, the smell isn't coming from the water... it smells perfectly fine. The odor is coming from the surface of the hot tub above the water line in only one area of the tub.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.