Variable Speed Pump help

Nov 17, 2012
My old pump kicked the bucket so I'm thinking it's a good time to upgrade to a variable speed pump. I live in CA, so the electricity rates are high and there is a rebate on variable speed pumps until the end of the year. I've been trying to research, but can't find a lot of imformation on the best pumps. I apologize if this has been covered in previous posts.

I currently have an older aqualink RS one touch system and a whisperflo pump. I would need to upgrade the aualink to iaqualink. What are the best variable speed pumps for:

compatability with the iaqualink
reliability
maintanability
ease of installation (limiting re-piping)

Thanks in advace for the help.

For compatibility with the iAqualink system your best bet is going to be a Jandy VS FloPro. For reliability, maintainability and ease of installation your best bet would be a Pentair IntelliFlo. If it were me I'd go with the IntelliFlo but that's just my personal preference.

Thanks for the response.

I was originally leaning toward the Intelliflo VF, but after reading more of the posts on this wonderful forum, I'm considering just replacing my broken 1 1/2 Hp single speed motor with a two speed motor. That would be easier getting by the budget commitee.

So the question on the 2 speed motor is how do i control it with the aqualink? I have an older version without 2 speed motor control. Can i just use two relays, one for low speed and one for high?

For an easier installation you would want to use a 2-speed relay for your low speed, connected to Aux 2, with dip switch S1 #2 in the ON position. This will guarantee that you will not run into any problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.