copper test results

Nov 2, 2012
We bought a Taylor copper test kit (midget comparator test 0.2 -3.0). The result was 3, but is that good, bad, too high or too low... ? There was no explanation on how to read the results. Thanks, oh it is an endless pool. :-D Nancy

Thanks for your speediness! Okay, the following are my rather awkward test results:
Ca= 525 ppm (using color metric method)
Cl = > 0.5
Copper = 3.0 ppm
Ph = 7.4
Cyn. acid = 52 ppm
We have an ionizer but is set to it's lowest point. Also, the endless pool is 5ft deep and 7ft wide and 14ft long. It is inground about 4 ft. and has a Libart pool enclosure. We live in central Arizona at about 5,100 feet so it does get cold! I appreciate your help and look forward to getting to know my way around. Nancy

The ionizer is likely adding metals to your water that are not really needed and your chlorine level is low for CYA of 52ppm. Keep PH below 7.6 to avoid metal staining and I would consider partial water replacement to lower that copper level.

Take a read through pool school (link in my sig) and below is an interesting read as well regarding alternative sanitizers (ionizers)

alternative-sanitizers-and-chemical-free-pools-the-truth-t3025.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.