In-Ground winter covers

frisky

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 6, 2012
I would like to be advise what kind of winter cover a should use: Mesh or Solid. Are the distance between the straps stander or they depend of the size of the pull. :-D

The choice for type/kind depends on your preference/need.
New pool owner as well so my knowledge is only based on reading. We have a mesh safety cover to keep the dogs and leaves out. We get alot of snow and rain so we went with mesh.

Freeform covers have straps 30-36inches apart( mine are 34 and neighbors are 36) standard cover straps are up to 5 feet apart. I believe it depends on if it's a safety cover or just winter cover.

Mesh cover allows ice, rain and snow to drain into the pool (plus some fine debris depending on weave tightness)
Solid cover with mesh panel allows water, snow a place to drain into the pool but most debris is held out of pool.
Solid cover without mesh keeps all liquid and debris out of pool but requires some form of pump to sit on the cover to drain away the liquid.

First winter with the pool so not sure what it will look like this spring, have read that solid covers (properly balanced before closing) will require less work in the spring for opening.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.