Sciz Milson Gets a New Pool

Sciz Milson

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 13, 2012
Hello TFP. Sciz Milson here in metro Atlanta. I am happy to report that the girl and I are about to become the owners of a new pool (contract description below). At this point in the process, those pesky tall vegetative looking things have been removed, we have a design, we have a signed contract with the PB, have a dig date, and we have the cheddar in the bank...I will start a new thread with a start to finish diary of the journey from plain suburban backyard to (hopefully) blissful oasis. Wonder if the various apartment complexes will miss us at the pool next year.

For a brief description, here is what we are planning. Please forgive me if I write this out of order: 15 x 30 freeform concrete "lagoon" style with swimout (app. 84" of perimeter footage), shallow-end walk-in steps, 3' - 5' depths, 2" flagstone coping, 500 sf of paver decking (with polymeric sand), caribbean blue PT, 500w light, 1.5 HP Superflo pump, 19" Tagelus High Rate Sand Filter, IC20 SWG, pool cleaner fitting, plus chlorinator, pool school by the PB and leaving the excavated soil on site (more on that in future posts).

I look forward to spending time, answering any questions, and learning as much as possible during this process and post-installation. Thanks in advance for advice.

Best,

Sciz Milson

Welcome to the forum. :lol: Congratulations on your new pool. You'll find a wealth of info here Be sure to read our "Pool School" in particular,"The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" before you attend PB's Pool School It'll be an eye-opener.

Thanks for the welcome. I think the most important thing I've already taken from the site is the test kit. I hope that by having it in advance of the pool completion, and following all of the instructions I've read, I won't have too many emergencies. Great site and look forward to spending more time as a user/contributor.

Sciz Milson said:
Thanks for the welcome. I think the most important thing I've already taken from the site is the test kit. I hope that by having it in advance of the pool completion, and following all of the instructions I've read, I won't have too many emergencies. Great site and look forward to spending more time as a user/contributor.

:goodjob: You've been reading the right stuff!