First Bid from Flower Mound,TX

JohnH

May 28, 2012
Flower Mound, TX
POOL: L35 x W15 / Depth 3.5 x 4 x 5 / IA 795 / SQFT 404 / Approx. 13,000 gal.
SPA: 10.5 x 5.5 / 6 jets
PRICE: $46,373

Pentair Equip.
easytouch 8 pool & spa w/salt water
Intelliflo VS + 4x160
420 sqft Cartridge filter clean & clear
4 Bottom spa side remote
400,000 btu Lx Heater "gas"
Wireless controller addon for easytouch 8
Intellibrite LED Pool Light 100ft
Standard 100w spa light 100ft
2 HP blower qt
6 base pool returns

NOTE: The cleaner has a 3/4 hp booster pump, the cleaner is a Pentair Kreepy Krauly Platinum. Booster Pump is $287 and the Inground Pool Cleaner is $846. I have done some research on robot cleaners and kind of heading that way. The sales man is tring to encourage me opposite, he said with a 13K gal pool you really don't need a robot cleaner. So my question to you all! Should I have him put the booster pump in for a backup cleaner and not buy the pressure cleaner and buy a robot from someone else,or eliminate the booster pump and pressure cleaner and buy robot, or don't get robot and go with booster pump and pressure cleaner?

SURFACE
plaster with stone scapes 80-100p
brushed concrete decking
standard tile perimeter
flagstone coping
spa is also flagstone coping with spillway

Second bid is Monday, third bid is Tuesday.
Any suggestions will really help me out, thanks.
John

I'm with you on the robot. I have one and they are far superior to anything else. I also like the fact that with a robot, you don't have to run the whole pump and system just to clean. That's cost savings right there.

Second bid this Friday.

Second PB not a big fan of saltwater systems here in Tx, because of the rock material. He said even if I seal it every spring, there is no guarantee. The first PB didn't have a problem with the salt system, but, "my wife just reminded me that we would have to sign a waver with the first or second PB's". Second PB standard pools are chlorine with or without a Del ozone system. Any info on the Del Ozone would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.