Spa water level dropping

Jul 19, 2007
Katy, TX
Several times a year I wake to see a drop in water level in our spa (spillover). it happens when the weather starts to cool down. Our pool runs from 9am -4pm. Typically it falls about 1 inch below tile line. But sometimes it goes all the way to jets. Any ideas? This has happened for a couple yrs. thanks.

If the spa is above the pool (like it sounds), often the water lowering is due to a check valve on the spa returns leaking allowing the water to drain back into the pool.

Post up a picture of your equipment pad.

Yep. It's 12" above. If its a leak, wouldn't it happen every day til fixed? Or not that kind of leak.....? I don't know what I'm talking about ;)

Ok. Can not figure out how to post. Let me try something's and will see if I can get it on here. Thanks

It could be that sometimes the check valve seats properly and seals and other times it does not (weak spring) ... just theories.

Does the water drain down to the pool water level? or are the jets above the pool water level and thus the water only drains down to the bottom of the jets?

Are the jets all run off of the same pump as the pool or do you have a separate pump and plumbing loop that runs the jets independantly of the pool pump and filter?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.