Heater problem Teledyne Laars EC 325

Newie

Apr 22, 2012
Just installed a new/used EC 325 (to replace a beyond repair EPC 400). We are very excited as we have lived in our home now almost one year and until now, haven't had a working spa. Install was very simple as the heaters are identical in configuration except the overall width (which was not an issue).

Anyway, the heater fired up immediately, and the spa heated from 62-95 degrees in a little less than an hour - time to jump in!

The temp selector was set on high for the initial heating. As the spa reached 100, I turned down the temp control and waited about 30 seconds until the heater shut off. Returned to the spa, and within one minute or so the, heater kicked back on.

I then turned the temp control to the lowest setting, and waited again until the heater turned off. Returned to the spa, and the heater kicked on again. The spa reached 103-104, then I manually shut the heater "off". It seems the heater is sensing colder water than what the temp selector is set at?

Anyone experienced a similar problem, or have any advice on where to troubleshoot? I have searched this forum, and other internet sources and was unable to locate any info on the same type of problem.

I suspect a limit switch, but that's just a guess.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Jon

Thank you for the reply, the control face of the heater only has a toggle switch for on/off, and one dial control for temp unlike the unit shown in the manual.
I'll double check the model number, but I'm certain that is what is listed... thanks for the link to the manual, I'll also look at the trouble shooting section.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.