Is this a screw in Fitting/Part - it's leaking

Gerry

Oct 14, 2010
Hi all
I have a small problem with a small part of the filter assembly (please see enclosed photograph).

For some time I have been aware of a leak, I have looked everywhere but couldn't find it until today.

I am a bit worried about trying to tighten the part or remove it to seal it a bit better because I am not sure if it is a screw in part or a sealed in at manufacture part.

I think it is a screw in part but would really like some confirmation.

I have highlighted it YELLOW in the enclosed shot.

Many thanks in advance.
Gerry
Southern Italy.
[attachment=0:2sfn4d7b]Miranda Pool for internet.jpg[/attachment:2sfn4d7b]

Attachments

• Miranda Pool for internet.jpg
    Miranda Pool for internet.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 54
I think that is a sight glass so that you can see when the water is clear while you are backwashing correct? Pretty sure you can just unscrew it and check the o-ring that should be present.

Although, If you are not in backwash mode, then water should not even be able to get to that sight glass. If water is consistent leaking out, that could mean that the spider gasket within the multi-valve is leaking allow water to the waste line ... which could be where you are loosing water.

Hi jblizzle
Thank you for a really swift response.

Yes it is the sight glass and it does seem to be leaking all the time.

The filter assembly has been in use for over 7 years now, so quite possibly bits have become a bit worn.

(''spider gasket within the multi-valve is leaking allow water to the waste line'') Sorry to be a bit dense, but what is the SPIDER gasket and is it or should it be a readily available spare part?

I live in southern Italy where spare parts are as rare as something that doesn't come out of rocking horses..!! :roll:

I could possibly get a complete new system from TIMBUKTU or send to the UK and get a spare part from there a lot quicker if I know exactly what it is that I need.

I really appreciate your help and advice.

Many thanks once again.
Gerry

Hi All

I have just typed ''spider gasket within the multi-valve'' into 'GOOGLE' and up has come all the information a man could possibly wish for.

I now feel really clever and ready to have a go. I will strip the top off the Multi valve tomorrow, take a photograph with a ruler attached to show exact measurements, send it off to the UK and hopefully by the end of the week have a new gasket in my eager hands ready to re-install.

If anyone has any other thoughts about my original question (above) please feel free to drop in your two'apennyworth, all contributions gratefully received.

Thanks again.
Gerry

PS
I have a similar website for ex-pats here in southern Italy, newbies or whoever have a problem needing help with one problem or another and they post their questions or requests. It never fails to amaze me how quickly the other members will respond with offers of help, advice or where they can find whatever it is they want. AMAZING.. :cheers:

If you can find the model number of your multi-valve, it should be easy enough to order the right gasket.

Of course, you likely should open up the valve (~8 screws on the top) and verify that the gasket is indeed cracked or something ... but given it is over 7 years old ... that is a likely failure point.

While you are around here, add your location to your profile and your pool info in your signature so we are better able to offer suggestions: rules-for-signatures-and-avatars-please-read-t3903.html#p89513

Hi All
Thank you all very much for taking the trouble to reply, I now feel a lot more confident to tackle this little job.

I will prepare a short resume of my location here in Italy and post it another day.

Thanks again.
Gerry
Brindisi, Puglia, Southern Italy. (Brit, Ex-Pat)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.