Taylor Speedstir

There is also the option of building your own, uses a magnet 9v battery and computer fan. Google it and you'll come up with something. I thought about it myself but ended up buying one as it's a nice small package that will fit in the TF100 test kit.

msgtdan said:
There is also the option of building your own, uses a magnet 9v battery and computer fan. Google it and you'll come up with something. I thought about it myself but ended up buying one as it's a nice small package that will fit in the TF100 test kit.
What did you take out? Mine is completely full.

Sent via Tapatalk...

The OTO kit is still in its blue box as I'm still using up my old HTH 6-way. Once that's all gone I'll see about moving bits around, I don't think I need 3 vials which I have now. I will find room for the speed stir! :)

I managed to get my speedstir in my TF-100 kit, too. You may have to rearrange some of the partitions a bit and I did remove the blue box for the K-1000. I also slide the small 15ml bottles (R-0011L and R-0010) into the clear mixing cylinders.

It ends up being a "full house" but it can be done.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Finally got the energy to take a photo of my TF-100 organizer /w the Speed Stir in it.
I removed the Taylor basic kit, added a divider from the ones included with the box. Then organized it as you see below.
I also managed to stuff some extra DPD re-agent and a syringe in there. The blue things you see to the left of the ST are milk jug caps that I used for hand mixing before I got the ST. These are the older snap on caps that you can just rest on top of the jug, then WHACK! with your hand and it goes down over the threads. Can't do that with the new ones, so these work better I found.

The image is higher res than the forum will show, but you have to open it manually in a new window/tab.

IMG_4314.jpg

Bama Rambler said:
Since y_not posted his, I guess I'll post mine. :)

Oh, of course.... gotta keep up with the Jones' huh? ;)

So you tucked the CYA test away, all on its own. Banishing it to the far corners of a cabinet, eh? Punishment for the pain it caused you when you used pucks. Am I right? :p
Did you make this decision to move it externally because you use it less?

I'd love to have both the Taylor basic & the CYA test in the same box. But alas, there isn't room.
I have thought about getting another bottle and putting about 14oz of CYA re-agent in there, that way I can have it next to my Taylor basic in the left compartment maybe. But alas, I'd still have to store a big CYA bottle somewhere. Hrrmmm... choices. :scratch:

Is that a folded up paper you put under the measuring scoop to facilitate easier removal?
I find it's perfectly easy to remove when it's right side up. But if it flips upside down, UGH!! :grrrr:

I was one of the lucky ones. I only succumbed to the Frog a little while before finding this place so my CYA never got "off the scale" but, I store the large bottle of R-0013 in the lunch box because I only use it about 3 or 4 times a year and I also store the borate strips and salt test in the lunch box along with a bunch of other stuff (liner scrap, extra vials, another stirrer, extra stir bars, etc).

The folded paper towel is dual purpose. It provides a cushion making it easier to remove the scoop and it keeps the compartment clear of any powder granules that may be left on the scoop.

I have thought about repurposing an R-0871 bottle and filling it with R-0013 CYA reagent, but I haven't done it yet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.