Hot Tub Tile Vs. Pebble finish

My only thought would be that the Pebble is a little rough to sit or kneel on ... what will be done on the shelf? toddlers?

So, tile might be a little nicer in contact with your skin, although I am sure the expense is higher due to the labor.

The pebble products look nice and are durable, but slide your knee or elbow across it and you likely will get a good scrape.

In-laws had pebble-tec and we got pebble-sheen thinking the smaller rocks would be smoother ... I think the "sheen" ends up a little more like sandpaper and the "tec" larger stones actually end up a little more rounded and smoother.

Although depending on how the tile is done, the grout lines could end up a little rough as well.

We went ahead and used very dark blue 1" tile with black grout for the spa, beach area, and pool tile line. The pool was done in Wet Edge Black Magic pebble finish with Abalone added. The pebbles were black, brown, white pebbles and blue quartz with black plaster and Abalone sprinkled on the top using a fertilizer spreader.
I do not know how to add a picture or I would include it here.
You can view a sample of the Black Magic pebble finish on YouTube by searching for Wet Edge and Black Magic.

If you click Post Reply, there is a section just below where you enter your text to attach a file ... has to be smaller file though.

You have to be in the Full Editor and not just the Quick Reply

EDIT: I am going to delete your other post about this as it is all covered in this thread

[attachment=0:266rq7p3]IMG_0850.jpg[/attachment:266rq7p3][attachment=0:266rq7p3]IMG_0850.jpg[/attachment:266rq7p3]Here are a few pictures of the pool progress.

Attachments

• IMG_0762.jpg
    IMG_0762.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0754.jpg
    IMG_0754.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0850.jpg
    IMG_0850.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 124

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Standing on water. Not really, just standing on the negative edge spa ledge which is actually 1" above the pool level. The ledge is sloped 1" from the pool downward towards the spa. When the spa is in use the suction and returns are connected to the spa. When the spa is not in use the suction is from the pool and the returns are the in-floor cleaning system which one zone is the spa which makes the spa overflow back to the pool. The spa should be big enough to withstand a royal mess up of having the valves set to suction from the spa and return to the pool. My calculations show that the pool level should rise enough to overflow the pool back into to the spa before the pump runs out of water and burns up for lack of water. Yet to be tested, but I am sure that someday it will happen. By the way the pool was still being acid washed to clean off the pebbles, that is why the lights have been removed.

Attachments

• IMG_0875.jpg
    IMG_0875.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 113
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.