Reading High Salt

RobV

Aug 3, 2012
I have an Aqualogic PS-8 controller. I recently installed a new control board and a Titanium Cell(T-15 replacement). I am getting a salt level on the the display of 3900ppm but getting the "check salt level, very low salt warning" Since replacement of the board and cell the salt level has always read higher than what the pool store gets. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

I would recommend contacting the manufacturer of the cell and seeing if they can troubleshoot it and get it working. Hayward won't help you as it is a non OEM cell. The number for CompuPool is (888) 989-7258 though I'm not sure if they handle the Titanium cell tech support through another number. You should be able to at least get pointed in the right direction at that number.

Compupool is saying that it is a board or sensor problem. I am going to try and exchange it for a Hayward cell. I am also going to install the old cell and check the readings.

Let me know how installing the old cell goes. I'm concerned you're going to get into a he-said she-said kind of situation here with CompuPool refusing to help because they say it's the board or sensor and Hayward refusing to help because they blame the non OEM cell. Exchanging it for a Hayward cell might be a good idea as that way they will be more inclined to help you get your system up and running. Best of luck and let me know how it goes!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.