Brisbane , Australia
Hi, 1st my results

PH 8
FC 6
CC .5
TA 100
CH 390
CYA 85 -90

I've been keeping the pool chemicals up to the rate as per Pool Calc. , but we've had some rain and I did fill from the tap before the rain. I know they are a little high now but I can't seem to get the pool sparkly. It is dull and still not really clear. It's not bad but its not totally clear either.

I've got the SWG on 8 hrs. a day @ 100%. I had a hard time keeping the chlorine at 5 as per suggested levels. I tseted and put on more stabiliser but I still find it hard to read the black dot test and may have overdone it.

Was wondering about changing the sand in the filter but lots of people say you don't have to. I would say it hasn't been changed in 12 years. I did flush it 1 month ago by taking the top off and filling and overflowing it.

Any suggestions much appreciated. :-D

Thanks .

I don't think that you need to change the sand. Because you say that you had some rain recently and that, despite your SWCG being run at 100%, you are still not able to get the FC up and you water looks dull, I think that you need to shock your pool and let the filter run. Lower the pH since 8.0 is high and then shock the pool using bleach or another form of unstabilized chlorine.

Thanks

I have shocked the pool with bleach and my chlorine reading is 32 ppm. It looks heaps better. We've had a lot of debris landing in the pool from the bush (leaves, pollen , grasses etc.) so maybe that caused the SWCG not to cope.

Should I now turn off my SWCG (while keeping the filter going) till the chlorine levels drop to swimmable levels?

Thanks for the advice

Read the shock process in Pool School. You should turn off the SWG and maintain the shock FC level until you pass the 3 tests indicating that you can stop the shock process and then let the FC levels come down and turn the SWG back on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.