Newbie - Test kit question

Oct 29, 2012
Katy, TX
First, thanks for all the time and energy you guys have put into this site. I've read for hours, learned many lessons, and and now transitioning to the BBB method since after 1 season (brand new 1st time pool owner) I've already had CYA->algae problems. My question is - I have the DPD test kit from Leslie's which seems like a pretty good kit, but the range is 0-5ppm, which supplemental kit should I buy? I'd like to be able to test shock levels (even though I should hardy if ever need to shock) accurately, and track whether I'm losing chlorine overnight in shock situations.

Is something like this what I need? http://www.hach.com/product.detail-over ... 7640219528 Anyone else have any suggestions for just a more sensitive DPD portion of a test kit?

Also, here are my numbers from testing: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... CNkE#gid=0

Thanks,

Paul

Welcome to TFP!

Does your kit already have the CYA, CH, TA tests?

You certainly need to add the FAS-DPD chlorine test which allows getting the high FC and CC levels. You can find all the single tests and refills at tftestkits.net

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

I did not look at the link on my phone.

If you got one if the recommended test kits, it would have included the FAS-DPD chlorine test. Likely you bought the 2005 and not the 2006 ... rebranded by Leslie's. You have to order the FAS-DPD test and kits as most pool stores do not carry them. You can get the FAS-DPD test alone from tftestkits.net

That number sounds familiar. There is only one FAS-DPD test so if that is it then that is what you need .

I think tftestkits.net provides more reagents than other sites.

No problem, I realize that working on a phone is a bit difficult! Anyway, they have 2, the K-1515-C (2oz reagents) and the K-1515-A (.75oz). Not sure how many tests that will give me, but for $50 it should last a whole season I think.

I think the C size is less than $30 on tftestkits.net

The owner of that site it's the same owner as this forum ... and generally have good prices and very fast shipping.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.