skimmer closing

smooth2222

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 25, 2010
michigan
closed the skimmer with a plug. can i just put a bunch of noodles in there? empty gallon jug could be completly submerged in water.

tight cap would limit compression. or that would be enough compression to absorb ice expansion?

lose cap could let bottle fill with water

someone posting a similar topic. If you used a rubber plug I think they sell a gizzmo style tube with a rubber plug on the bottom. Noodles will work fine. You can use a jug of anti-freeze or windshield wiper fluid. Pour some out, add a bunch of rocks. Leave an air gap in the jug but you want to make sure it will still sink. If you can fit more than one jug, more is better than less. A an empty jug with rocks will work but an empty jug is really buoyant which is why I mention using an antifreeze jug or windshield wiper fluid.

Here is a rough idea what it might looks like YMMV

Attachments

• JUG.gif
    JUG.gif
    7.5 KB · Views: 68
tight, that way you hopefully don't loose the air in the bottle because if it froze and the bottle got squished it may not "un-squish" for another freeze so there wouldn't be much for it to squish. You could always cut up strips of pool noodle and shove them in the bottle too to get rid of that problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.